Self Critique-
What qualities of the work make you feel it's a success or a failure?
I feel that my drawing is creative because when I draw my final layout, I actually halfed my face and put all the malay culture of the batik around my face so it'll look as if I am looking at the batik. I overall feel that my work is a success although I know there is some areas that I can still improved on.
Out of 10 marks, how many marks will you reward yourself?
Out of 10, I think I'll give myself a good 7. It's not perfect, yes, but I am eager to know what are the aspects I need to work on! (:
If given a chance to start all over again, what would you have done differently?
If given the chance to do it again, I'll probably try something different like making sure when I draw the cultures and my face, I would observe and see how and where to draw the structures and the lines found. I would also try and be even more patient with myself and give me ample time to draw the pictures carefully rather than just drawing it for the sake of drawing it. So, if I were to do it again, I'll try to do even better! :D
Peer Critique-
(Dinah's work)
Describe what you see, using elements of art (line, shape, form,texture and so forth) as your guide, describe what your peer drawn, what is the whole thing about.
I really liked Dinah's work. It's very unique in some way, because when she draw out her portrait, she adds in alot of detail. She draw 3 different sides of herself on a new sheet of paper and I get to see the different aspects of her drawing. When she draw her final design, it's very simple and I can see the story behind it. So overall, good job to her!
Analyse how the work is being presented,
using principles of design (emphasis, repetition, rhythm, depth and so forth), analyse what is the relationship of the subject matter and the background.
Dinah's work like I said is nicely decorated and very creative. For example she draw her face not exactly full, and there is a flow when she draw the cultures around her face and it looked really nice. Her face is also being stylize by adding in the tiles.
Interpretate how the work make you feel and think,
-Describe the expressive qualities you find in the work. What expressive language would you use to describe the qualities (i.e., tragic, ugly, funny)?-Does the work remind you of other things you have experienced (i.e., analogy or metaphor)?-How does the work relate to other ideas or events in the world and/or in your other studies?
In her drawing, everything seemed very simple and easy. She looked as if she is blown away by the aspects of the malay culture. Her picture reminds me of the real batik only there is her face printed on it. It has equal balance, meaning that there is not much malay culture drawing drawn on her final design which is a good thing if not there would be too much confusion and it would be hard to understand what she is trying to say in her drawing.
Evaluate if this work is a success or a failure.
-What qualities of the work make you feel it is a success or failure?-Compare it with similar works that you think are good or bad.-How original is the work? Why do you feel this work is original or not original?
I overall think that Dinah's work is very unique and of course very original as I feel it is a huge success. I am aware that she has put in a lot of effort to produce the final design, making sure it'll look very artistic. The qualities that make it a success is that she uses the different principle of designs and looked very creative. So, good job Dinah! :D
What qualities of the work make you feel it's a success or a failure?
I feel that my drawing is creative because when I draw my final layout, I actually halfed my face and put all the malay culture of the batik around my face so it'll look as if I am looking at the batik. I overall feel that my work is a success although I know there is some areas that I can still improved on.
Out of 10 marks, how many marks will you reward yourself?
Out of 10, I think I'll give myself a good 7. It's not perfect, yes, but I am eager to know what are the aspects I need to work on! (:
If given a chance to start all over again, what would you have done differently?
If given the chance to do it again, I'll probably try something different like making sure when I draw the cultures and my face, I would observe and see how and where to draw the structures and the lines found. I would also try and be even more patient with myself and give me ample time to draw the pictures carefully rather than just drawing it for the sake of drawing it. So, if I were to do it again, I'll try to do even better! :D
Peer Critique-
(Dinah's work)
Describe what you see, using elements of art (line, shape, form,texture and so forth) as your guide, describe what your peer drawn, what is the whole thing about.
I really liked Dinah's work. It's very unique in some way, because when she draw out her portrait, she adds in alot of detail. She draw 3 different sides of herself on a new sheet of paper and I get to see the different aspects of her drawing. When she draw her final design, it's very simple and I can see the story behind it. So overall, good job to her!
Analyse how the work is being presented,
using principles of design (emphasis, repetition, rhythm, depth and so forth), analyse what is the relationship of the subject matter and the background.
Dinah's work like I said is nicely decorated and very creative. For example she draw her face not exactly full, and there is a flow when she draw the cultures around her face and it looked really nice. Her face is also being stylize by adding in the tiles.
Interpretate how the work make you feel and think,
-Describe the expressive qualities you find in the work. What expressive language would you use to describe the qualities (i.e., tragic, ugly, funny)?-Does the work remind you of other things you have experienced (i.e., analogy or metaphor)?-How does the work relate to other ideas or events in the world and/or in your other studies?
In her drawing, everything seemed very simple and easy. She looked as if she is blown away by the aspects of the malay culture. Her picture reminds me of the real batik only there is her face printed on it. It has equal balance, meaning that there is not much malay culture drawing drawn on her final design which is a good thing if not there would be too much confusion and it would be hard to understand what she is trying to say in her drawing.
Evaluate if this work is a success or a failure.
-What qualities of the work make you feel it is a success or failure?-Compare it with similar works that you think are good or bad.-How original is the work? Why do you feel this work is original or not original?
I overall think that Dinah's work is very unique and of course very original as I feel it is a huge success. I am aware that she has put in a lot of effort to produce the final design, making sure it'll look very artistic. The qualities that make it a success is that she uses the different principle of designs and looked very creative. So, good job Dinah! :D
Xoxo,
Farahin-
No comments:
Post a Comment